Sunday, March 7, 2010

March Crafty Mamas Challenge

Crafty Mamas had a challenge for March to recreate something from the decade of your birth! YES! I AM THAT OLD! LOL! I decided to make a poodle skirt as the local club is having a Rock and Roll night next weekend I made it for Molly The thought of expanding backside further with all that petticoats was not an attractive vision. I made the skirt with fleecy it was the closest thing I could find as an inexpensive alternative to felt. Felt is what they were usually made of in the 50's. I screen printed on the poodle and used a piece of beaded ribbon so kindly sent to me by Gem in the February stash swap! The belt is made from some black block out it is plastic backed and very sturdy I inserted some eyelets and threaded it with black ribbon. The underskirt is made from a layered white skirt I found in the oppie I just added ruffles of tulle I also found in the oppie I am so glad I have a lovely ruffle foot It came with my Singer 222k Featherweight. However I find it easier to use on my trusty treadle! The collared top so typical of the 50's also came from the oppie! A perfect find ! Because of all the oppie finds the whole thing cost a grand total of $9.00 I just now have to dye a silk bandanna for her to tie around her neck! Sian has ordered a 60's hippie chick outfit so I had better get moving on that now!

2 comments: