Thursday, March 1, 2012

Silhouette Heaven

Pssst I have bought myself a new machine!
And it cuts beautiful stencils This is one I drew up in Photoshop and cut out on the Silhouette Cameo! As an avid Sun Printer I have long been dissatisfied that if I want to use my own art work for sun prints I had to spend hours and hours hand cutting stencils Not any more!! I have for quite some time been using a block out fabric to cut my stencils It is 65% polyester and 35% cotton it has a rubber back and draws the suns heat beautifully for processing a sunprint with lovely clarity. This fabric is stiff enough to go into the cameo , set on fabric and the blade at a depth of 5 It does a perfect job!
The little ballerinas I made in photoshop There are a variety of these on the web for free use I however drew up my own because I did not want someone else's work and I wanted it to be a resolution of 300 dpi Mostly because I was unsure that a lower resolution would give a good print!
These are some of the other stencils I have cut!
Here are the resulting fabrics! Are they not Gorgeous? This is a skull print I made up for my Goth wanna be 14 year old daughter
This is a gentler subject for my more ethereal 15 year old

Some of these prints will be stocked in The Blog Shop this coming Sunday Also because I my excitement about my new toy I will be announcing a giveaway as well
See you Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment