Friday, November 18, 2011

A Good Day in the Studio

I have an arts council stall this weekend and have been asked also to put some of my work in a local artists co-operative. So I have been busy in my newly rearranged studio whipping up some fabrics At first it was not going so well I found some of my older screens and block prints while I was rearranging the stdio space and wanted to use them with my sun-printing. In the past these images were used in conjunction with different dye backgrounds and some were from past bodies of work of varied themes. I guess the differences threw me for a little while and I seemed to be making some awful image and colour choices. However after a coffee the creative instinct kicked in and I fixed things!!! These are the results and i am very happy with them I loved using the block prints again after so long I think I will have to cut some more and after stepping over my chooks all morning to print I decided I needed to draw them and put them on a screen or block to play with

No comments:

Post a Comment